Conscious of the need to protect your privacy, the owner of the site – hereinafter referred to as Nexialist – undertakes to ensure the highest level of protection of your personal data, in accordance with the French General Data Protection Regulations (RGPD) Act of April 27, 2016 (freely consultable on the CNIL website https://www.cnil.fr/fr/reglement-europeen-protection-donnees) and of French law n° 78-17 “Computing and liberties”, modified by decree N° 2019-536 of May 29, 2019.
The term “user” includes all customers and visitors to our online service. Terms such as “User” should be understood to be gender-independent.
We reserve the right to modify, at any time and without notice, all or part of our protocol relating to the protection of privacy. Consequently, we advise you to regularly refer to the latest version of this protocol, which will updated and permanently available on our Site.
Any such modifications come into force on the date of their posting on our Site and are enforceable from the date of your first use thereof.
The use of our Site implies full acceptance of any revision or modification of our protocol relating to the protection of privacy.
1. Identity of the controller of collected data
Collected Personal data is controlled by Mr. Vincent CASTERAS, director of the company Nexialist.
2. Processing relating to your personal data
Source of data
By visiting and/or using the services offered on our Site, you accept the collection and use of your personal data within the limits and framework defined below.
Thus, in certain cases (contact form, subscription to the newsletter service, downloading of documents, etc.) you may be asked to leave personal data necessary for the execution of the services offered by the Site.
You are informed of the mandatory or optional nature of this data.
Where applicable, the forms are accompanied by one or more check boxes allowing you to accept or refuse that we use your data for commercial purposes on our behalf and/or on behalf of our partners (you will not receive more than one e-mail per week). Please note that if you have accepted such use and subsequently change your mind, you can inform us at any time using the contact details indicated in paragraph 3. What are you rights? or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication.
Date of collection
We collect your data in particular when:
- You browse our Site and consult our pages and articles;
- You subscribe to our newsletter;
- You use our contact form.
List of data collected
Data you enter when using our services
- SUBSCRIPTION TO OUR NEWSLETTER:
Personal data processed: e-mail address;
Mandatory nature of the data collection: surname, first name and e-mail address are required to allow the sending of the newsletter.
- CONTACT FORM:
Personal data processed: surname, first name, e-mail address, name of your company, telephone number.
Mandatory nature of the data collection: the name and e-mail address are required to allow us to respond to requests for information and appointments.
We do not collect any sensitive data: namely data relating to racial or ethnic origins, political, philosophical or religious opinions, union membership, health or sexual orientation.
Data we collect during your visit to the site
- Cookies or similar technologies: Cookies are small text files kept in your web browser when you browse our Site. See next section>
- Your IP address in the event of an attempt to connect to the back-office of the Site.
We use your personal data to:
- allow us to get in touch with you in order to process your requests made via our Site;
- allow us to send our newsletter, manage subscriptions and compile service-related statistics;
- help ensure the security of this site and the confidentiality of exchanges with Internet users.
Recipients of collected data
- The manager and owner of the Site: Mr. Vincent CASTERAS, director of the company Nexialist.
Our Site integrates certain functionalities (in particular the broadcasting of videos), whose operation requires transfer of personal data to the United States. You can find ways to exercise your rights with respect to these third party companies by consulting paragraph 4. INTEGRATION OF THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT.
Storage period of the data collected
- Messages and personal data received through our site are stored for 36 months and are then automatically deleted;
- The IP address is stored by our security software during the connection, or the connection attempt, and beyond that if it an attempted connection is considered to be fraudulent (in this case, the IP address can be stored for up to 36 months).
- The e-mail address linked to the subscription to our newsletter is retained as long as the user of the service does not unsubscribe (via the unsubscribe link integrated into the newsletters).
Personal data collected during your activity on our contact forms -and during your navigation – are protected by secure protocols. In addition, they are stored in a database at our host.
We make every effort to prevent their unauthorized access, improper use or communication, unauthorized modification, illegal destruction or accidental loss.
3. What are your rights?
You may access and obtain a copy of the data concerning you, oppose the processing of this data, or have these data rectified or deleted. You also have the right to limit the processing of your data. For more information, we invite you to consult the CNIL website guide to understanding your IT rights and freedoms : Comprendre vos droits informatique et libertés.
Contacting the data controller
The data controller of the nexialist site is your point of contact for any request to exercise your rights over this processing.
You can contact the data controller M. Castéras :
- Using our contact form: https://nexialist.eu/en/contact-nexialist/
- By e-mail to: email@example.com
We may ask you to provide proof of identity.
Requesting deletion of your personal data
You can request the deletion of your account by contacting our data controller by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be deleted and all of your contributions (messages, purchases, etc.) will be anonymized.
In accordance with its legal obligations the owner of this site may completely delete content – or partially it if a third party has challenged its legal nature – and may, upon formal request from judicial authority, transmit elements allowing the identification of the users who contributed this content.
Complaints: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us: a complaint should be addressed to CNIL (https://www.cnil.fr/fr/webform/adresser-une-plainte).
4. Integration of third party services and content
This section provides an overview of third-party providers, their content, and links to their privacy statements.
Newsletter service provider: Our newsletter is made available through MailChimp (hereinafter referred to as the “newsletter service provider”).
Data collected: surname, first name, e-mail address
Data storage by MailChimp (USA).
Purpose: This information is retained to allow us to distribute our weekly newsletter. These newsletters present our articles, our news as well as our regulatory and technical monitoring communications on medical devices. The retained data are only accessible to the Nexialist team and will never be transferred to an external entity.
Users can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate usage of our online services, to compile reports on the activities related to them, and to provide us with other information related to the use of our services in online and internet use. In this case, pseudonymous user profiles may be created from the processed data.
We use Google Analytics only with IP anonymization enabled. This means that users’ IP addresses within member states of the European Union will be shortened (abbreviated) by Google, and also in other contracting states of the Agreement within the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there.
The IP address submitted by the user’s browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
Users may prevent the storage of cookies by configuring their browser software accordingly. Users can also prevent the collection by Google of data generated by the cookie and linked to their use of the online service – as well as the processing of this data by Google – by downloading and installing the available browser plug-in under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
For more information on Google’s use of data, on settings and opt-out options, see Google’s websites: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en (Relating to Google’s use of your data when you use our partner’s websites or apps.)
https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en (Relating to the use of data for promotional purposes.) and https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en (Relating to the personalization of ads.)
Fonts from Google Inc.
These are shown on the Google Fonts Service (https://www.google.com/fonts). Font integration is done through a server call on Google (usually in the United States).
Our site uses features provided by the Vimeo video portal.
This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
If you visit one of our pages with a Vimeo plugin, a connection to Vimeo servers is established and Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies if you are not logged into Vimeo when you visit our plugin or if you do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the United States, where it is stored.
If you are logged into your Vimeo account, Vimeo allows you to associate your surfing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.
In accordance with the GDPR (GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS), and with the exception of cookies strictly necessary for the operation of our website, we must solicit your permission in order to store cookies on your device.
Types of cookies used on our site:
- Cookies strictly necessary for the site: allowing use of the main functionalities of the site, including access to your personal account if necessary, or additionally the memorizing of the display preferences of your terminal (language, display settings) for further visits. These may include social media cookies when you interact with them. These cookies also allow us to link the various pages consulted together to ensure smooth navigation. These functional cookies do not require your consent.
- Audience measurement and statistics cookies: allowing us to maintain the site and accumulate statistics and counts of frequentation (visits) and use of its various sections and content (page views etc.). This will allow us to study how to improve the content, including during the A/B testing campaign. These cookies also allow us to analyze the navigation of Internet users in order to improve our service or detect malfunctions.
- Third-party cookies intended to improve the interactivity of the site:
- Social media sharing buttons like Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Videos broadcast on the site via Vimeo.
Your choices regarding cookies
Ways to manage your choices regarding cookies:
- Warning banner: when you first visit our Site, a banner informs you of the presence of these cookies and invites you to indicate your choice. Cookies are only deposited if you accept them or if you continue to browse the Site by visiting a second page on it.Management in your browser: You can block the installation of cookies on your computer by configuring the options of your Internet browser. Note that some sites or services may not function fully if the cookies necessary for their operation are blocked. You will find information on the use of these cookies and the means to block them on the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser.
Modifying your consent: You can modify your preferences relating to the deposit of cookies at any time by clicking on the link: Check / correct my consent.
For more information, visit the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-traceurs-que-dit-la-loi
Last update: 17/06/2020